Friday 30 December 2011

Christmas Morning Etc.

Christmas morning was very pleasant. We always get up a bit early (7:30am), and pray together, then eat doughnuts, and then open presents. My dad hands out the presents one at a time so everyone gets to see who was given what. I always really enjoy seeing what people choose for one another. It's an insight into what they think of the person they've bought for, and therefore a bit of an insight into who they are. Also, I love that people take the time to find something "just right" for the receiver. This is one of the times where I really experience giving and receiving love through gift giving.

Piper was hilarious to watch. She loved opening presents. Except she didn't call them presents, she called them "Happy Birthdays". Too cute. Her favorite gifts were two babies that came with a stroller, a saucer sled (onto which she piled all of her gifts crouching protectively over them), and a mini nerf gun. She made David reload and re-shoot that gun for hours. Highly entertaining for the rest of us. 

I'm really enjoying being back in Michigan. We've had the opportunity to spend good, quality time with our friends (which includes family members). Being here and knowing that I will be leaving again has helped me to be more proactive in how I relate to people. Generally I sit like a lump and let Mike do the talking (as I find him far more entertaining than I find myself. Duh.) but I find in doing that I miss out on the life force that comes from directly interacting with other human beings. Hanging out with everyone has been stimulating, invigorating, comforting, and all around very pleasant. 

Merry Christmas!

Janet

1 comment:

  1. I tried to reach you so I could come see you, but i guess you probably don't use your phone anymore. If you're still here and have time, call me! love!

    ReplyDelete