Tuesday 13 December 2011

Asda

Asda is the local supermarket. Michael and I go there every week and a half or two weeks for our "big shop". These excursions are always a source of stress. It's taken me weeks to get an idea of where things are in the store. Most of the brands that one would find in the US are not to be found in Asda. Yikes. We had some very icky butter for the first couple of weeks. I have that one figured out now. Asda is open 24 hours but is always completely "bunged". Adding to the terror is the fact that the shopping carts are not steerable in any way, shape, or form. A few weeks ago I nearly took out an old lady. She was not happy with me. Grocery shopping is an emotionally taxing experience.

Bunged: packed, jammed, super duper busy,

Michael and I are privileged to have a car, so we drive to Asda. The last time that we went shopping Mike told me that if I wanted to go shopping again I had to drive. As you can imagine it's been weeks. Just kidding, it's only been a week or so. Anyway, I drove to Asda today! And back home. Without killing anyone or wrecking the car, or anybody else's car. It was a big success and really a huge personal victory. I've driven over here before but not when there's been traffic and a real chance that I could do some damage.

Now I have to go do some dishes. Later I might post a video on youtube of a tour of our house.

Janet

2 comments:

  1. Haha, You make me laugh. I'm glad you're liking it out there and not killing anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Janet. Glad to see you are finding your way around. I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete