Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wrong Side of the Bed

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Very. Grumpy. Mike always manages to make me smile though. Who could resist smiling at such a sweet man? Not me though I do try at times. Icy bitch that I can be.

The sun keeps shining. People are saying it's been the weirdest weather in ages. No rain in weeks, I'm not complaining.... Neither are they for that matter.

I have various goals, desires, dreams floating around in my head. Develop a vintagey type style of dressing, dance regularly, be organized, make pretty things with my hands, have babies, lead a pretty, comfortable, hassle free life.

Steps to accomplishing said life:

  1. Get some Courage.
  2. Leave the House.
  3. Shop somewhere other than Westfields (though I do like Westfields) and remember to be sensible.
  4. Ask Mike to familiarize me with his System.
  5. Practice my Jewelry Making.
  6. Wait for God to bless us with Children.
  7. Accept the fact that life is not meant to be comfortable and hassle free. 
There. That should do the trick. Right?

I'm going to go get the house ready for my in-laws. I'm going to put on my happy face and  a pretty skirt. I am going to live my life today. 

Question. Any ideas for uplifting music? Nothing melancholic or too harsh... Movie soundtracks tend to work well I just can't think of anything. 

Ok. Deep breath. 


3 comments:

  1. Janet! I've been thinking of you lately. I miss chatting with you online and laughing out loud every few minutes at our ridiculous conversations. I'm proud of you for making yourself get out of bed and go out and wear pretty things. After awhile, it will be less of a chore and more of an exciting way of life. You live in London! Make it yours, eventually it will feel that way. I love you to bits and I really miss you. Love to Mike, as well.
    L.
    Oh, happy music: Seu Jorge. He'll make your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you dont already listen to Florence and the Machine, I highly reccomend it. They basically always make me happy. Also- good luck on your quest to make pretty things. I hope you post pictures!

    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see pics of pretty things when you finish them! Etsy can be a good place to find vintage things, but that won't help you leave the house.. enjoy the gorgeous weather while you can! We've had a good spell here, too.
    Happy music: Joe Jackson, Scissor Sisters... any Bollywood soundtracks, American Beauty and Chocolat soundtracks are also pretty awesome...
    Much love!
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete