Wednesday 7 March 2012

Positivity

I write to my mother and my sister frequently (in electronic form). Generally these e-mails are bemoaning the state of my life. I complain a lot, and loudly. "Woe is me" and that sort of thing. I read an article recently about how babies learn to express their negative feelings before their positive ones. This seemed to me to be a pretty good illustration on my attitude toward life. Always feeling, looking, and seeing the negative before the positive. Maybe it's my natural inclination, maybe it's a product of our society, maybe it's just habit. Whatever it is I want to change it. Somebody (who knows about these things) once told me that it takes two years to change our mental habits. It's going to be a long hard road to change this habit, but well worth the effort I think.

Recently I had a half birthday celebration with my sharing group. Whilst being prayed over one of them said that God wanted me to focus on the Risen Christ this Lent. I didn't really know what that meant, and still don't really, but the Risen Christ is my hope and my salvation... As well as everyone else's. So I think I ought to focus on that and return Him to that place in my heart. 




'Nuff said right?


No comments:

Post a Comment