Tuesday 24 April 2012

An Assortment of Creams, No. Thoughts!

Mother, Aunt Linda, Chrissy, and Aunt Mary all came to stay last week. It was an absolute blast. I have lots of pretty new things now. A teapot, teacups (gaudy monstrosities but I love them), two chairs, cushions, earrings, tea, and all sorts of wonderful things. I do have to admit (and Mike don't get offended because you know it's true) that shopping with girls is more fun than shopping with one's husband. I think it's because husbands in general are very fiscally responsible. And that is being said without a scrap of sarcasm or bitterness.


Oh, and I have a cat now too. Her name is Mia. She seems to be worried about her weight. Currently she is sat in front of the washing machine, mesmerized. I got in her way and she attacked my legs. Apparently I was in the way of her favorite show. *sigh*

Did you know that if you don't have cream of mushroom soup and want to make tuna fish casserole you can sautee some mushrooms, at 2 tbl of butter, 2 tbl of flour and mix, then add a cup of veggie stock. How cool is that? It makes this wonderful creamy, buttery, flavorful sauce. Love it!

Here's a picture of my husband. Because he's cute.


Wearing my slippers of course. Jeeze...

I hope all is well in the world. I'm off to clean our room. *clenches jaw determinedly*

Janet

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts Janet! Miss ya friend, greetings to your cool husband

    We used to share our taste of music. Listen to what I just sutmbled upon... They're cool, I hope you like them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbObag1r0I

    ReplyDelete